U.S.VETS — Long Beach: Surf for Charity
For the past 15 years, Surf for Charity hosted by Valero Wilmington Refinery has been uniting Oil Refinery employees, service providers, surfers and their families to raise money for those in need. This year, to ensure the safety of our participants and community, Valero has announced the first virtual surf contest.
The 16th Annual Surf for Charity benefiting U.S.VETS — Long Beach is a week-long virtual event, starting Saturday, September 19th through Sunday, September 27th . Participants will surf at their location of choice, and film their best wave to submit for the contest. The three best entries will receive awards and an opportunity to win the coveted Banzai Award for a spectacular wipeout. Proceeds raised will help continue serving more than 800 veterans and their families daily by providing transitional and permanent housing, as well as employment and workforce re-entry programs.
Last year’s event, with help from sponsors and contestants, raised over $22,500 for veteran support services at U.S.VETS — Long Beach. We are pleased that U.S.VETS — Long Beach is the selected organization to benefit of this annual event with sponsorship from Valero Wilmington Refinery, helping us work to end veterans homelessness.
How to enter:
1. Submit the form at the end of this page, here is a short URL for sharing this registration page: bit.ly/SurfForCharity to sign-up ($25 entry fee)
2. Go surfing! (at your location of choice)
3. Film yourself or have a friend film you (distantly) Sept. 19th – Sept. 27th
4. Edit your film with just your #1 best wave (files should not be larger than 8mb)
5. Submit your video to Mark.Rodriguez@Valero.com before September 27, 2020 11:59 PM. Make sure to put your name on the film file submitted.
Winner will be announced October 5, 2020
Valero has a veteran panel of judges with years of experience and some have been judging for more than 12+ years.
SPONSORSHIP AND PARTICIPATION OPPORTUNITIES
★ Your company logo on “Surf for Charity” website
★ Your company logo on “Surf for Charity 2021 Calendar”
★ Dedicated social media post